Seven Great Holiday Gift Ideas for Those Who Love Nature
Living green can be lots of fun and open a world of opportunities for those shopping for presents. If you think the green people in your life are difficult to shop for, you're in for a surprise. Here are seven fun ideas for presents that help the Earth and are guaranteed to make the recipient smile.
- Books. Seems too obvious? Give it a twist by choosing a related topic. Choose inspirational publications such as Native American Earth prayers or personal stories such as The Legacy of Luna by Julia Butterfly Hill. Or find a book that teaches how to reduce your impact on the Earth or how to recycle everyday objects.
- Handmade beauty supplies. Soaps are the most obvious option, but many companies also sell organic locally made creams, bath salts, or shampoos that don't contain any chemicals or synthetic products.
- A gardening kit. Even if your loved one doesn't have a green thumb, there are still small sets of windowsill herb gardens that can be grown by almost anybody. Some kits are just for herbs and spices while others are for small flowers or decorative plants.
- A donation made in their name. Don't just give money. Instead, pay to "adopt" a rescued animal or to plant a tree on somebody's name. You'll get a certificate with the person's name on it and a great reminder of the good deed done.
- Anything recycled. Office supplies, clothing, or furniture. Search for things that have been made with sustainable materials.
- Anything homemade. Homemade products reduce waste and energy consumption. They also save fuel usually spent on manufacturing and transporting the product.
- An experience. Instead of giving an item that will eventually end up in the garbage pile, think of a present that will be remembered forever. This can be something as simple as taking the person out for a nice meal or as complex as organizing a weekend gateway to the mountains. If you know the person has a favorite spot or outdoor activity, try looking for something related.
In the end, remember that green gifts are as much about the receiver as they are about the Earth. Make sure your present makes both happy and you're likely to be a success.Great Graduation Cake Ideas | Gag Gifts | Baby Shower Gift | Golf Tournament Gifts | Holiday Gift Ideas | Fathers Day Ideas | Fun Anniversary Gifts | Mothers Day Gifts | Unique Mom Gift Idea | Great Wine Gifts | Birthday Ideas | Teacher Gifts | Perfect Gift For Mom | Christmas Gifts | Anniversary Gift Ideas | Tattoo Ideas | Restaurant Gift Certificates | Gift Boxes | Wedding Ideas | Fundraising Ideas | Newborn Gift | Newborn Baby Idea | New Infant Gifts | Valentine Gifts | Party Game Ideas | Gifts From Children To Teachers | Unique Baby Gifts | Romantic Gifts | Baby Shower Gifts | Graduation Gifts | Gifts For Mom | Birthday Gift | Science Project Ideas | Project Ideas | Baby Shower Ideas | Birthday Gift Idea | Family Gift Idea | Holiday Gift Idea | School Party Ideas | Romantic Gift Ideas | Newborn Gift Idea | Funny Prank Ideas | Prom Hair Ideas | High School Graduation Gifts | Christmas Gift Idea | Gift Ideas